Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

#bellsadventures


   One goal I had this year was to travel at least every 3 months. I know that sounds crazy but I' m young, single, and childless so I might as well go for it! Not saying you can't travel once you are married with kids but it does make things a little more difficult. My 1st trip this year was my Friendcation to Rosemary Beach, Florida in March and the 2nd trip was to Dallas, Texas in June. My 3rd trip is coming up this month. So far I'm doing pretty good on the every 3 month goal. ;) I'm putting these trips on the blog so that I can have something physically documented because I'm the worst at printing out pictures anymore.

    I've always said I don't like big cities and that I could never live in one. I like my quiet town and not having to wait in traffic for very long. I was so excited to visit Barb and Isaac this summer in Dallas, Texas and knew I would have a great time because they are some cool cats (and also love the song Redeemed.) :) I didn't think I would LOVE the city like I did. There was always something to do or see, somewhere to go or explore, just so much! We went to the pool, visited doggy daycare, watched youtube and Facebook videos, watched the Bachelorette, ate so much dang food, and had chocolate milkshakes from Stackhouse...AKA crack shakes. Seriously. They put something in those shakes that was so addicting and good! When I got back home, I emailed Stackhouse and raved about their shakes and basically demanded they open one in KY. I got an email back from the owner saying right now they are just in TX and don't plan on expanding anytime soon but he was so glad I enjoyed the milkshakes. Womp womp. I was about to quit my day job to run a restaurant.

Barb and I went to Waco one day to stalk hopefully see Chip and JoJo from HGTV's Fixer Upper. Love them and their show. We visited their shop on Bosque, The Magnolia Market, and also Clint Harp's store, Harp Co. These were two of the cutest shops I have ever laid my eyes on. While we didn't get to meet Chip and Jo, we did meet Clint at his shop and he was so nice and very humble. Just how you see him on the show! His Fixer Upper house was also right next door to his shop so that was neat to see. Such a fun day in Waco and I would LOVE to go back one day and visit the Magnolia Silo's which open next month.



Sidewalk chalk outside Magnolia Market














Clint's 'Fixer Upper'



Clint from Harp Design Co.


Unfinished Silos


Farmer's Market


Dallas Skyline



So full from Stackhouse


Signature pose






Steel City Pops


Dem teef
 Doggy Daycare

CRACKKKKK!



I had SO much fun with Barb and Isaac and can't wait until I can visit Texas again (really I just want another crack shake.)

No comments:

Post a Comment