Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Highs and Lows

Our Haiti trip is 7 days away! I couldn't be more excited or nervous. I feel like I've been waiting forever for this trip and now that it's so close...AHH! I cant wait to see what God has in store for me, my friends, and the haitian people. I really CAN NOT believe that I am getting the opportunity to go back. I don't want to think that this is just "another trip". I want to pour myself into this trip and take hold of every opportunity that I'm presented while in Haiti. I better start packing soon too ;]


Now, a little catching up on life. I PASSED my 3rd semester of Nursing School. I honestly cant tell you how happy yet extremely nervous I am to be graduating in May as an RN! This life is crazy. I thank God for sending me to CU and blessing me with awesome classmates and teachers. I believe I will honestly miss my buddies at school once we graduate...in roughly 4 1/2 months. Oh. My. Word!

So besides Haiti and school, I'm on Christmas break! NO STUDYING! Ive been sitting on the couch all day and its been wonderful to not have my school books staring at me and demanding I study. Sweet relief.

My mom, sister and aunt all graduated with their master's on Friday. They rock. Here's a picture of those perrttyy outfits.


I mentioned before on here that I sometimes feel like I'm going through a spiritual valley where you have highs and lows to every day. Well, this is one of those times. The only way I get through each day is God and God alone. He gives me reassurance at the right time that He is there. He tells me to trust him and cast ALL my worries, fears, and hurt on to him. It hasn't been an easy journey to get to the place where I am now, but all I can do is trust God and give Him full control of every situation. This picture was on someones Twitter today...God knows my heart and what  I needed in this day before I ever did. I cant thank him enough! 


Keep praying for our group as we board the plane in 7 days!!!!
-Be Encouraged


No comments:

Post a Comment