Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Weeks

We have 5 weeks left of our crazy front loaded 8 weeks of school. I almost don't want to say this because I don't want to jinx myself but, this semester hasn't been near as bad as I thought it would be. Ive actually really, really enjoyed it so far. I passed all my return demos and made a great grade on my first test (which will probably be making the fridge! :]) I have also had more "free" time then I thought I would have. Crazy right? I feel like I had heard so many horror stories so I was prepared for the worst..Its not bad at all.These first 8 weeks are very time consuming and I feel like I live at the School of Nursing but I really am enjoying every minute. It makes me sad to think that in 5 weeks I will no longer...
  •  See my nursing buddies every waking moment of my day
  •  Sit through 4 hour lectures
  •  Have anymore clinicals with my buddies
  • Car pool to clinical sites
  • Watch my friends pass out while at clinical
  • Have GREAT nursing instructors to basically hold my hand and help me through every clinical or class
  • Get to ask 1983892 questions (I have a question for everything)
  • Complain about paying $1.25 for a drink in the SON or Education building
  • Have to get up at 4:30 am for a 6:15 am clinical
  • Have my head crammed into a book ( I mean really, what else is there to do?)
  • Get to give people 'the look' when they ask how school is going
  • Do homework that is worth 3 points  (that may or may not be taken up)
  • Spend time at everyone else's house but my own
  • Have awesome study parties
  • And say, "I think I'm going crazy!"
Shew, I could make a really long list but I really will miss nursing school. Yes, I'm not technically done until May but after the first 8 weeks we have our Preceptorship (120 hours at a hospital...so 10 days.) I plan on doing that within 4 weeks and then just having 4 weeks to study for state boards. Now boards, that FREAKS ME OUT! 75 questions to cover everything that Ive learned in 2 years. eeek.

In other news, life is life. Its hard, challenging, and not fun at times but I have to stop and remind myself how blessed I am. Jesus said that we would have hardships...living in a fantasy world just isn't possible. This was in my devotional book yesterday and I loved it. "Give up the illusion that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is false hope! As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble."

I plan to live this next week as though I will have troubles but that God has my back. He will never fail me even when worldly things and people do.

Be Encouraged :]
Romans 12:12

PS. Baby K is engaged! :] Hello pretty Bridesmaid dress!


No comments:

Post a Comment