Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

35 days

35 days until we leave for Haiti. This trip has came up so fast and I haven't really wrapped my head around the fact that I am going back for a 3rd time. This is also a time for first. This will be the first trip where I will be a nurse instead of a nursing student and also the first time I have been in the middle of the summer. My past two trips were in December and January and Haiti was crazy hot…I can't even imagine what it will be like in July. The "first" that I am most excited about is that my friend Susan is going with me!! Susan and I met on the first day of our orientation at HMH (I was terrified of her, lol) but we quickly became great friends and loved to work the crazy night shift together. I am so excited for her to experience many first of her own and to fall in love with Haiti as I have.

35 days and I am in no way ready. I still need to be funded financially and I still need supplies, food, the list could go on and on. I am so thankful for those that have thought of me and gave to support my trip in any way. It means SO much! I know that God cares about our smallest concerns though. If it concerns us, it concerns Him. So grateful for that :)

Haiti from the mountain top
Please remember to keep our team in your prayers!


No comments:

Post a Comment