Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Haiti [Round 3]



I went to Haiti for a 3rd time this July. I meant to write about it sooner than now but always found a way to put it off. As always, its an absolutely heartbreaking country. We set up medical clinics and went to a few different orphanages. The orphanages are where I believe that everyones heart truly breaks. You see poverty, hungry kids, dirty feet, and kids that literally have nothing. But they all have one thing in common... these kids crave love and attention. crave it. You walk in and a ton of smiling faces run and cling to you. It is the sweetest, yet saddest thing. We set up medical clinics as well at the orphanages where tylenol and vitamins were given as well as injections. We had spaghetti made at one orphanage and PB sandwiches for another to fill their bellies. I really can't say enough about these sweet kids or even begin to explain what you see or feel while in Haiti.

Even though it has only been a few months since my trip, I can't remember all the details. I know we saw about 1,100 people in 5 days, loved on some Haitian's, had the best group EVER, went to a beautiful beach our last day (PARADISE!), got to experience this trip with my work bestie, and shared Jesus and what He did for us.

If you are on the fence about going on a mission trip, GO. If you think you don't have the funds, He will provide. If you think you are helping others, you are, but they are really helping you. If you think you can't leave your family for a week or two, you can. If you want to see God move, you will. If you want to see the most beautiful smiles ever, you definitely will. While we think "foreign countries" are so far away, some are basically in our backyard. Haiti is only a total of 4 hours away by plane. 4 hours. While I want to experience other countries, Haiti will always be the first place that made me really fortunate for what I have and gave me a love for sweet orphans. While I could talk all day about mission trips (and this trip), I'll just leave you with some pictures. :)
Sweet orphans.

The best group ever! Everyone got along and friendships were made!

Em with her little man at the clinic.
swimming in paradise!

Prayer station..these girls rocked it!

Inside one of our clinics.

Gift station.

Isn't she so pretty?!

Vitals station.

In our element.

sweet boy.

Those eyes.

Church!

This little guy. Cant say enough about how brave he was!

CHEEKS!

The O.R. Would you like to have a lap chole here?

Jumpin' docks

PARADISE!

In Haiti with my best gal, Susan!

Baby at the clinic.

Got to watch those haitian boys...stealing kisses ;]

LOVE this little guy. Check out his front 2 teeth missing!

View of Haiti from the mountain.

I could've took her home!

TSWIFT in Haiti!

Injections station.


Chrysalis shirts in Haiti still 3 years later!


Melt my heart. 

Dimples.
After seeing these sweet faces, I know you want to hop on the next plane out to Haiti...and I so encourage you to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment