Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Amazima- You dont want to miss this!

Busy. A word that I hate but it describes me unfortunately. Just since the beginning of this month I have quit my job, got a new job, and am about to have 2 comprehensive finals (tomorrow...eeek!) Prayers needed for me and my Nursing sistas!

Anyways, enough of me rambling. Now onto the more important stuff. Lately, my heart has been so heavy for my friends, family, fellow bloggers, and Haiti/missions. I feel called to do more than I am currently doing...its just putting things into action that I have the hardest trouble with. As I was reading 2 Timothy 2:11-13 this morning, God spoke to me about my relationship in Him. I was going to sum them up but I think the verses say enough without my own interpretation.

"...If we have died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful- for he cannot deny himself. "

The last part is what I love...even when I am faithless, HE remains faithful. I am the one that runs away. I am the one that has to do things my way (the hard way.) Even in my weaknesses and blemishes, He is still God and wants all of me..not the leftovers. I dont know where God wants me at right now or what He has planned for me in the future, but I do know that its not where I am right now.

Last night I was reading a blog that I follow and her post was about Katie. She is the founder of Amazima Ministries. Her video shook me to the core. I could do nothing but cry as I watched it and feel humbled yet convicted. Shes right. She isnt doing anything spectacular or crazy but simply doing what God instructed us all to do. All.
Love others. Feed the hungry. Give clothes to the poor. Love God. So what am I waiting for? What are you waiting for? It makes me want to drop out of nursing school and catch the next plane to Uganda. This is a glimpse of her everyday life.


No comments:

Post a Comment