Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Cajun Chicken Pasta

Tonight for dinner I decided to whip up this Cajun Chicken Pasta. I had never made it before but it looked good so I thought I'd give it a try. I got the recipe from Lauren at FMGD. I altered it a little but it turned out FABULOUS! It almost taste just like Chicken Scampi from Olive Garden...can it be?! Another added bonus, it only took about 30 minutes to fix. Splendid!

[[Sorry for the pitiful quality..my camera wasn't wanting to work with the lighting.]]


Here's all you need:

  • angel hair pasta- recipe calls for 4 oz but it all depends on how many people you are feeding
  • chicken- depends on how many people you are feeding; i used 3 small chicken breast
  • 1 red bell pepper
  • 1 yellow pepper
  • 1 green pepper
( I found a package that had all 3 peppers already cut up. The easier, the better)
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 2 tsp Cajun seasoning
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp lemon pepper
  • 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic (fresh or powder) - I used powder
  • grated Parmesan for topping

Directions:


1) Cook chicken in pan until browned (about 10-12 minutes)
2) Cook pasta according to instructions on the box, about 8 minutes, then drain.
3) In medium pan, add red, yellow, and green peppers into butter and garlic.
4) Add heavy cream, lemon pepper, salt, Cajun seasoning, and cooked chicken. Heat throughout on medium heat.
5) Add cooked angel hair pasta, toss and heat throughout.
6) Sprinkle with Parmesan.
7) EAT!

This recipe can be altered in many ways. I used a little more seasoning(salt/pepper, lemon pepper, Cajun seasoning) at the end but it all depends on how you want it to taste.You can also leave out the chicken and add more veggies (broccoli, asparagus,etc.)

Let me know if you try it or have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment