Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Answered prayers.

   I say, type, and write the word blessed a lot. I truly do feel as though God has blessed me in many ways but one way that Ive noticed lately is through my friends.

   Ive never been the girl to be in a "click". I like having a variety of friends with different backgrounds and personalities.( I guess it keeps things interesting.) A few years back I felt like I always had "friends" but never really had close friends. Does that make sense? I always wanted those friends that I could depend on and call at any moment. I wanted something more then I had which were casual friendships.

  I like to keep what you would call a prayer journal so I can see my prayers as they are answered. I also like to be able to look back months later and see what I was going through during certain times in my life. I remember being in high school and begging God for a group of true friends. (PS. Not saying my friends I had weren't amazing but there were still times when I felt that something was missing.) I needed friends I could relate too on a everyday basis. Friends I could share my struggles with. Friends that would be there for me no matter how many times I screwed up. Friends.

   I also believes that God gives us friends for each season/journey of our lives. Some are meant to stay forever and some are meant only for a time. I am thankful for each friendship that has taught me a life lesson even when I couldn't see it then.

    It just occurred to me last week how blessed I am with true friends. I don't know how it took me so long to realize it but it did. God has given me a group of friends that I know can last  lifetime. A group of girls who are so different yet so much alike. He has equipped each of my friends with qualities and gifts that bless me when they don't even realize it.


Here are a few people that have gotten me through some of my roughest/happiest times in life...PS. If I had a picture of all the awesome people in my life, my blog post would take you hours to read!)


Duh.Obviously my bestest friend in the world is on my list of blessings.


I can't say enough about this girl. So, I'll leave it at that.


Friends through one of life's trials...Nursing School. (I loved lake day!)
Blessings. God knew the right group of people to place together for 2 years!

This girl is like a sister to me. We cry together. We laugh together. We cause trouble together. Perfect.
Dez- this girl is funny. I love our "catch up" days. Brooke- She has listened to my hearts cries so many times. She is so encouraging!

AMANDA PANDA! For real, this girl is my newest blessing. I say newest but we've known each other for a while. I'm so glad to have this friendship. (Look how tan we were last summer!)
In this moment, I realized my prayer had been answered. Sweet, Sweet friends!







Over the years, I see how God has restored many friendships and gave me many new ones. These friends are just some of the few who are shaping me into the person that I am. I am blessed to be able to see my answered prayers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment